When you’re looking for a property management company, they can all start to look the same. That’s not the case, however, and choosing the wrong company can be a costly mistake. Here are 10 things that Group 15 Real Estate does a little differently.
1. We do quarterly property visits. Every quarter, we get inside the property and take a look around so we can be sure the tenant is taking good care of the property. We check air filters, and look for red flags such as unauthorized pets and residents, evidence of smoking, and other lease violations.
2. We have a flexible fee schedule. We understand different landlords have different budgets, needs, and goals. So, we provide options, and you’ll find one that fits for you.
3. There are no long term contracts. We want to earn your trust and confidence every month, so we sign a month to month agreement with you. There is never a fee to cancel our agreements.
4. When we market your property online, we only have one opportunity to make that very important first impression with your potential tenants. That means we only use professional photographs and a detailed video. On average, we get our properties rented within 17 days of listing them.
5. We put a keyless smart lock on your house. This is an important technological tool that allows us to fill your property fast. When tenants move in, they love it.
6. We do advanced tenant screening. Every property manager will screen to put the right tenant in your property. We go a few steps further by asking for a pet selfie, checking social media posts, and asking landlord references tricky questions to ensure we’re talking to a real landlord.
7. We designed a custom lease that protects your interests in every possible way. This lease automatically renews every year with a five percent rental increase. You’ll never have to worry about a month to month lease. We also use a lease that was created by an attorney who is experienced in landlord tenant law.
8. Every property management company uses some technology, but we are committed to using best in class technology in every facet of our business. We use it for route mapping, e-signatures, appraisals, maintenance, and accounting. It allows us to give you an efficient and effective service.
9. The minimal level of continuing education for property managers is 8 hours per year. Group 15 Real Estate and our staff are committed to going above and beyond with our industry education. We are active in the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) and other professional organizations so we can bring you the best ideas in the business.
10. We also own rental property. We know what you’re going through as a landlord, and we have skin in the game, just like you. It helps us to be better managers of your investments.