The old adage is that we are a lot harder on rental cars than on our own cars. It is not intentional, it is just a sub-conscious mindset about renting vs owning. Tenants will also be rougher on your property than on one’s owned home. This wear will have a negative impact on the value of your property. We automatically provide two baseline solutions to preserve the long-term value of your property:
- Quarterly Property Visits and Air Filter Check: We will visit the inside of your property to look for any big red flags with respect to the tenant's care for the property interior and will also check the air filters to preserve the longevity of your HVAC system.
- Gutter Cleanings: Clogged gutters rot the soffit and fascia and cause erosion and moisture problems in the crawl space; costly problems that deteriorate the value of your property. We automatically send a professional company to clean your gutters annually after all the leaves have fallen. They clean the gutters, take apart and unclog downspouts, correct any minor pitch problems, including a report with before, during and after photos and conduct a roof and exterior inspection of your property to suggest needed
repairs topreserve your property. The cost aligns with industry standards and generally ranges between $140-250 depending on the size, height and intricacy of the gutters. Townhouses and condos with associations responsible for maintaining the exterior of the property are exempt from this service. If you do not have any trees on your property, no gutters or gutter-guardswe will still contract the exterior inspection for approximately $50.
Additional services we recommend you consider signing up for us to coordinate on your behalf:
- HVAC Coil Cleaning: Annual or semi-annual HVAC coil cleaning will add years to your HVAC system (paying for itself). Proactive service is cheaper than reactive and also keeps your tenants happy and ready to renew. This service is generally $150 per visit, per unit.
- Full-Service Lawn Package: Tenants are responsible
to mowthe lawn, but they only do the bare minimum. Over time, weeds take over the lawn and shrubs and ornamental trees become overgrown and unsightly. Utilizinga full servicelawn package preserves the excellent curb-appeal you need when it is time to re-rent or sell. This service is generally around $1500/year and can be negotiated as a shared cost with your tenant.
- Pressure Washing: Pressure washing the driveway, walkways, porch or patio and the
aluminumor vinyl siding is mostly cosmetic, but has value in keeping the tenant happy and likely to renew.
- Chimney Sweep: The lease mandates that the tenant
dothis annually before they use the wood-burning fireplace, however, the risk of them not doing it could result in a house fire. For this reason, we do recommend that owners consider providethis service to the tenants each year at the end of the summer as a perkto the tenant and a way to protect the house.
If you would like to sign up for any of these recommended services, please just let us know!